Saturday, November 19, 2016

High stress and a squirrel

My friend Randy Busch came along today with me, Farrah and Arnold. It was  windy and cool. The Harris’s was balky and distant. We did get a couple of flights on a rabbit that we frequently harrass, but never really threaten. Suddenly Arnold disappeared. About an hour later I picked him up in a neighborhood close to a mile from the field. Two teenagers saved the day. Wow!

Here's the text I sent them later along with the pictures:

Thanks to you two for getting my dog today. I cannot believe he wandered so far.  One minute he was in the little ditch twenty feet from me. And then vanished. I really wondered whether I would see him again.

Cisco caught a squirrel while Farrah was hooded in her hawk box and Arnold was in his crate.  He's definitely grounded from hunting until I can prevent this.

I apologize, Edgar and ? Didn't think I would ever forget your name....

Thanks again.
Chuck
This picture taken two days ago. Sitting on seat hooded while Cisco hunts.

Her name is Rachel.... The first picture is today, the second a couple of days ago. 

No comments:

Post a Comment