Sunday, November 13, 2016

Four fields, three hawks, nothing caught.

Joe Sedrak found a bunch of fields that he has permission to fly. I took my two hawks along with his Coulson male HH. The land looked good and we checked out three properties, the first two with Cisco, and the third with Farrah and Brownie, Joe's hawk. No game.

However... ..

On a whim we flew Farrah with Joe Sedrak's rookie Coulson male. I was nervous because Farrah is so powerful, with a grip like a RT. And I always considered her aggressive around other hawks. It was Joe's hawk that bugged her so much that they ended up in a tree about a quarter mile away at a farmhouse. The male flew right at her and Farrah reacted with zero hostility, more like agitation. Brownie would not leave her alone. We drove to the farm house and retrieved our hawks.

I dropped Joe off at his truck up in Sugar Land and drove to Katy. Farrah chased a rabbit and some birds but came up empty.

No comments:

Post a Comment