Thursday, December 1, 2016

Another creek crossing

This morning Cisco caught a squirrel on a drey. It squealed; Cisco killed the squirrel up in the tree. The weather was nice, with finally a little cooling. I garnished the glove with squirrel treats from two days ago.  Cisco looked down longingly but took off across South Mayde Creek. Very close to the spot where he and a squirrel ended up about a week ago. I crawled across a debris bridge and my foot slipped. The water went half way up my calf, obviously filling my rubber boot. The joys of being an austringer.

I found Cisco with the squirrel. He had broken into it somewhat, having plucked the tail and eaten most of one of the front legs. See picture below. That's how I found him. I traded him off and we walked to the bridge. No creek crossing.

Last night I took Farrah out to try to get some rabbits. Caught birds instead. Spectacular flights.

Cisco's thinking, "I just never get tired of these"

The dray is on the center. You can see Cisco and squirrel but not clearly 
Pre-hunt

1 comment: